Applications are invited for Fully Funded DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships at a state or state-recognised German university.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a Postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2021/22”.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral applicants
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To be eligible for Fully Funded Scholarships, applicants must:
- Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a preparatory 6-month German language course in Germany): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
To apply for DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) scholarships, applicants are required to submit:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL
- German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
Application and Selection Procedure
- Step 1: You send your complete application(s) directly to the according postgraduate course
- Step 2: A selection committee suggests potential applicants for a DAAD scholarship
- Step 3: The suggested applicants will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal
- Step 4: The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested applicants will be informed accordingly
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!