Applications are invited for Funded Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships 2020-2021 at the University of Adelaide, Australia.
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage undergraduate students to consider undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Adelaide leading to a career involving research. The scholars will work with a research team to stimulate their enthusiasm for advanced study.
No. of Scholarships
Up to 60 Summer Research Scholarships are available at the University of Adelaide in 2020-2021.
Each scholarship provides a living allowance of at least $200 per week for six weeks. Tax payments are not usually deducted from these payments.
Duration of Summer Research Scholarships
The scholarship will last for at least six weeks during the 2020-2021 summer vacation. The duration of the scholarship may be extended to more than six weeks by a Faculty/ School subject to funding availability.
- These scholarships are available to undergraduate students, particularly those in the later years of their Bachelor’s degree who wish to undertake a six-week project at the University of Adelaide over the 2020-2021 summer vacation.
- Applicants should have completed at least two years (48 units) of study of their program, at a standard acceptable for admission to an Honours program. In exceptional circumstances, these scholarships may be awarded to students on completion of first year of the program, but only after consideration of the applicants who have completed second year.
- Australian citizens, permanent residents, or citizens of other countries and international students who hold current appropriate visas permitting study in Australia beyond February 2021 are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Scholarships are available in all disciplines provided an appropriate research project is available within the Faculty/School. It is the responsibility of students to contact their Faculty or School to ensure that an appropriate research project is available.
- Students who are in receipt of, or expect to receive any other summer or vacation scholarships over the 2020-2021 summer vacation (e.g. National Heart Foundation Summer Scholarship, Cancer Council Vacation scholarships) are not eligible for the Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships unless the other scholarship is for a separate project.
Applicants must consult staff of the relevant Faculty/School/Discipline in which they intend to undertake a project. Complete the online application form available at https://ebetodds.com