Applications are invited from International students for Fully Funded Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships 2021 at the University of Adelaide, Australia.
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships exclusively to its recent international graduates to continue their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research.
This cohort of scholarships were created specifically for outstanding recent international graduates whose recent graduate status means they are not competitive for scholarships in the general international higher degree by research scholarship rounds (RTP, ASI). In such scholarship rounds they would compete against the best scholarship applicants worldwide who have generally had many more years to gain valuable research experience and demonstrate academic excellence. For this reason recent eligible University of Adelaide graduates are only ranked in this (AGRS) scholarship cohort where they have a significantly higher chance of winning a scholarship to further their studies.
The scholarship duration will be for up to two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a PhD.
For the duration of the scholarship, the recipient will receive a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver and a stipend of AUD 28,092 (2020 rate, indexed annually) per annum. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
To be eligible for fully funded scholarships, applicants must:
- be completing / have completed their qualifying program of study at The University of Adelaide within the previous 4 semesters prior to the intake applied for (to ensure uninterrupted study applicants are encouraged to apply whilst completing the final semester of their current studies)
- be an international student at the time of application and enrolment (applicants who have been granted one of the refugee and humanitarian visa sub-classes should contact the Adelaide Graduate Centre for advice on whether the visa sub-class meets the eligibility requirements for this scholarship)
- enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in the approved semester
- not be currently enrolled in the Higher Degree by Research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for the scholarship
Master of Philosophy
To meet the minimum academic standing required for admission to a Master of Philosophy degree you’ll need to have completed:
- a relevant University of Adelaide bachelor degree (or equivalent), with a minimum distinction average.
Doctor of Philosophy
To gain admission into a Doctor of Philosophy, you’ll need one of the following:
- a relevant University of Adelaide Honours degree (or equivalent), with at least a second-class Honours (upper division)
- a postgraduate coursework degree which contains a significant research component and meets the minimum GPA requirements
- a relevant University of Adelaide Research Master (or equivalent)
- English language proficiency requirements also apply for both degree types.
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.